- Grooming & Beauty
- Tools & Outdoors
Stella Arianna Stovetop Espresso Maker
Heavy-duty, high-quality 18/10 steel. Makes a dense, rich coffee. Special reducer filter to make half quantities without sacrificing flavor. Sizes: 2, 4, 6 and 10-espresso cup. Made in Ferrara, Italy. Ships free. (
The Stella Arianna makes you want to throw a dinner party for eight just so you can pour from its shiny, sleek form in front of everybody to covet. No high-pitched whir of the espresso machine, no bitter drip coffee, no watery French press, and no aluminum moka pot that makes you wonder about health risks, this stainless steel stovetop espresso maker brews dense crema while its design revives a cultivated charm of the past.
The Stella Arianna stovetop espresso maker comes in four sizes: 2-cup, 4-cup, 6-cup and 10-cup. Note that these are all measured in tiny espresso cups, much smaller than the standard 8-ounce baking measure.
A special reducer micro filter in the funnel can be flipped to make the coffee grounds reservoir smaller, meaning if you have a 6-cup maker, with a small adjustment, you can make a 3-cup batch. Maintaining the right proportions of space, water and grounds avoids sacrificing the flavor of the coffee.
The 18/10 steel body — the best in stainless steel cookware — evades corrosion and stains and is easier to maintain than its aluminum cousins. Plus, unlike aluminum moka pots, there's no metallic aftertaste. Every hinge and tread on the Stella Arianna fits like a glove — making your early morning coffee-making super easy and groggy mistakes less likely.
Use & Care
1. Fill the bottom of the chamber with cool water just below the pressure relief valve (do not fill completely).
2. Pile the center chamber with finely ground coffee. Unlike an espresso machine, don't tamp down the coffee but instead gently spoon coffee until it's full or slightly heaping.
3. (Optional step) To use the reducer micro filter to make a half batch, pop out the filter using your finger tips or by inserting a slender object up the funnel and pushing the filter out. Flip the filter over so the four metal tabs are pointing downwards on the funnel. The size of the reservoir for the coffee grounds will be reduced by half. Halve the amount of water accordingly.
4. Screw the two chambers tightly together, making sure the rubber ring isn't askew so the seal's nice and tight.
5. Keep stovetop (gas, electric, or glass-ceramic) at a low-to-medium heat.
6. When stovetop espresso maker starts to make a gurgling sound, remove from heat-- she'll finish brewing on her own, and don't worry about a little leftover water in the bottom chamber, this is normal.
7. Pour coffee from the top chamber and enjoy.
8. Do not unscrew the pieces without letting it cool, either over time, or by running a hot coffee maker under tap water for at least two minutes.
The Stella Arianna can be used on gas, electric, ceramic or induction burners. If you have an induction burner, check the minimum base feature. For most induction burners, the 2-cup maker will need a diffusion plate.
Although the Stella Arianna is dishwasher safe, it's best to wash it by hand with a mild soap or detergent, though some purists claim that no soap at all is best, arguing that soap deteriorates the coffee's natural oils, sacrificing flavor.
Avoid using steel wool and abrasive powders. Store coffee maker only when fully dry. Check the pressure relief valve on occasion to make sure it's unclogged. Don't put the espresso maker over heat without water in the boiler.
Production & Design
Stella believes in practicality and function combined with elegance and luxury. The Arianna showcases Stella's classical, artful design, using only the highest quality of stainless steel, creating a timeless stovetop espresso maker. The special design of the boiler allows the valve to be completely hidden so nothing disrupts the rounded lines of the maker. Made entirely from only the highest quality 18/10 stainless steel.
Specifications2-ESPRESSO CUP MAKER
Volume: 3.7 fl oz (110 ml)
Height: 4.9” (12.4 cm)
Base width: 2.2” (5.6 cm)
4-ESPRESSO CUP MAKER
Volume: 7.8 fl oz (230 ml)
Height: 6.1” (15.5 cm)
Base width: 2.6” (6.6 cm)
6-ESPRESSO CUP MAKER
Volume: 12.9 fl oz (380 ml)
Height: 6.9” (17.5 cm)
Base width: 2.75” (7 cm)
10-ESPRESSO CUP MAKER
Volume: 18.6 fl oz (550 ml)
Height: 8.1” (20.6 cm)
Base width: 3.1” (7.9 cm)
–Reversible micro filter for making half the quantity without sacrificing taste
–Uncoated stainless steel for better heat conduction
For use on
Gas, electric, ceramic and induction burners
18/10 stainless steel